9/18/2018

#RandomThoughts


For this Edition of  #RandomThoughts,  our Founder contributed this on an outreach he did on a view of Senator Harris we hope all find of interest: 

 
September 14, 2018
Dear Mr. Pouraryan,

Thank you for contacting me to voice your concerns about the workings of our government and the state of our nation. The importance of civic involvement cannot be overstated, and it is an honor to serve as your United States Senator. I have heard your concerns, and my legislative work will continue to be guided by the needs of constituents like you.  
Each and every American has the right to education, public safety, and health care. I have dedicated my time in the Senate fighting for the most vulnerable among us and defending the inalienable rights guaranteed by our Constitution. I have introduced legislation to bring common-sense back to our immigration system including the Access to Counsel Act, which would ensure that anyone detained at our borders has access to voluntary legal counsel, and the Detention Oversight Not Expansion (DONE) Act, which would drastically reduce the size of ICE’s detention system.  I have introduced legislation to make our economy work for everyone including the Fairness for Farmworkers Act, which would end the discriminatory rule denying overtime pay for farmworkers, and the bipartisan EMPOWER Act, which increases accountability surrounding workplace sexual harassment that disproportionately affects women by prohibiting non-disclosure and non-disparagement clauses as conditions of employment. I also cosponsored important legislation that would allow anyone to enroll in Medicare and make college tuition free. And still, I know our work has just begun.
Now more than ever, our constitutionally-guaranteed rights must be diligently protected. I will fight to protect these rights, and make sure that our voices not silenced or forgotten. As your senator, I will spend my time in Congress advocating for every Californian and every American. 
Thank you again for reaching out to me. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to visit my website at www.harris.senate.gov or call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3553. 

Sincerely,
Kamala D. Harris
United States Senator

No comments: