12/03/2013

Personal Reflections on #GivingTuesday 2013

Today is #GivingTuesday.      I have been amazed at the spirit of giving that has arisen due to the power of Social Media.    Before returning "to the grid"  I was out for a bit of morning reflection.  I decided to share my "morning of giving" on the site.  Although my small gesture may well be lost, it was worth to underscore how it is crucial that all of us do what we can.  For me, it was to hand a ready made meal to a Marine who happened to be on a sidewalk holding a sign on a cold day asking for help.

As I shared this story on #GivingTuesday's site, I am not sure if it got lost in the shuffle of all those 8300+ organizations who are engaged.   But, I take comfort in this that has been attributed to Emerson as he reminded us all "..."To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to leave the world a better place, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded." -

To this "ordinaryface", it is the ultimate test.


No comments: