12/05/2013

Madiba Is No More....

Madiba has gone home....

I have been working away as I heard President Zuma tell his nation and World of Madiba's passing.   I reflected upon this in "Outsider Views" within the past hour,,,I shared these thoughts with my students as I also shared with them my students as well:

Team,

It is a sad day as I work away...Nelson Mandela, one of the leading lights of our time, has died.  I was listening to the speech by President Zuma...I am speechless...

May we all learn from his example of tolerance, compassion, kindness, justice, empathy and forgiveness.  I shared some thoughts earlier in Outsiderviews:

President Zuma has told his nation and the World of the passing away of Madiba. It is a sad day indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mandela Family and the South African Nation right now. He made a difference for me personally in many ways as his example of compassion, forgiveness, empthay simple humanity and humility who strove to make a difference. May we all continue to be driven by the power of an example of one man who truly could make a difference:



I don't mind sharing the fact that it brought tears to my eyes as I got the report.

Prof. Mike

Tributes are coming in--including a personal tribute from Barack Obama.    One person can make a difference.   He did--and he made a difference for my life.    May we truly be driven by the power of his example.   As I noted earlier while "on the grid", he now belongs to the ages.


No comments: