Welcome To the "Ordinary Faces" Channel of the Daily Outsider Network (http://www.thedailyoutsider.com)
A Daily "Thought"
View of the Week" On A "Good Life "
Our team just received this from the team @ +Success Magazine. We hope all enjoy this feature for this week's "View of the Week"
Brought to you by SUCCESS
March 16, 2015
6 Things That Constitute a Good Life
by Jim Rohn
The ultimate expression of life is not a paycheck. The ultimate expression of life is not a Mercedes. The ultimate expression of life is not a million dollars, a bank account, or a home. The ultimate expression of life, in my opinion, is living a good life.
But what constitutes a good life? This is my shortlist:
1. Productivity. You won't be happy if you don't produce. The game of life is not rest. We must rest, but only long enough to gather strength to get back to productivity. What's the reason for the seasons and the seeds, the soil and the sunshine, the rain and the miracle of life? It's to see what you can do with it—to try your hand to see what you can do.
2. Good friends. Friendship is probably the greatest support system in the world. Don't deny yourself the time to develop it. Nothing can match it. It's extraordinary in its benefit. Friends are those wonderful people who know all about you and still like you.
3. Your culture. Language, music, ceremonies, traditions, dress - all of that is so vitally important that you must keep it alive. It is the uniqueness of all of us that, when blended together, brings vitality, energy, power, influence, uniqueness and rightness to the world.
4. Spirituality. It helps to form the foundation of the family that builds the nation. And make sure you study, practice and teach. Don't be careless about the spiritual part of your nature; it's what makes us who we are—different from animal, dogs, cats, birds and mice.
5. Don't miss anything. My parents taught me not to miss anything. Don't miss the game; don't miss the performance; don't miss the movie; don't miss the show; don't miss the dance. Go to everything you possibly can. Buy a ticket to everything you possibly can. Go see everything and experience all you possibly can.
6. Your family and the inner circle. Invest in them and they'll invest in you. Inspire them and they'll inspire you. Take care of the details with your inner circle.
If a father walks out of the house and he can still feel his daughter's kiss on his face all day, he's a powerful man. If a husband walks out of the house and he can still feel the imprint of his wife's arms around his body, he's invincible all day. It's the special stuff with your inner circle that makes you strong and powerful and influential. So don't miss that opportunity. Make sure in your busy day to remember the true purpose and the reasons you do what you do. May you truly live the kind of life that will bring the fruit and rewards that you desire.