1/17/2014

The Yearning For Hope As I Remember Dr. Franklin & Dr. King.....






 I am amazed whenever I reflect upon these two giants.  They were mere mortals, for sure--but they made a difference.    That's all we can ever hope for as Dr. Franklin's Birthday was celebrated today and Dr. King is remembered by all Americans on January 20.

Here are some of  the most notable of thoughts from Dr. Franklin:  

Do not anticipate trouble,
or worry about what may never happen.
Keep in the sunlight.

- Benjamin Franklin


Well done is better than well said.
- Benjamin Franklin 

A good example is the best sermon.
- Benjamin Franklin

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind, than on outward circumstances.
- Benjamin Franklin

We must all hang together,
or assuredly we shall all hang separately. 
- Benjamin Franklin


An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Benjamin Franklin

Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.
- Benjamin Franklin

There was never a good war or a bad peace.
- Benjamin Franklin

Money has never made man happy, nor will it,
there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness.
The more of it one has the more one wants.
- Benjamin Franklin

As for Dr. King, I have read and re-read all his speeches and revisit his thoughts almost daily. For me, the admonition to replace hate with only love is ever so true.    I also periodically revisit his speech on Vietnam that is ever so true today as the World is witness to an Iraq that is imploding before our very eyes.    Without a doubt, though, it is the speech in Memphis that says it all, though: 


I was also On the "Social Grid" during the "rounds" before I go "dark" for the week-end and saw this:


Believing, loving one another, understanding what's important is the essence of what I envisioned when I embarked upon "Daily Outsiders".    I yearn for a World of Peacemakers , healers and lovers--may it be so.

Onward.....

No comments: