12/10/2013

On This Day.....

South Africa held a memorial earlier today in Soweto.   I was witness to history yet again as I remembered the day when CNN covered his release as he walked out of prison that helped to transform his nation and the World.     I was very gratified to see President Obama shaking Raul Castro's hand and laughed when I saw the reactions of the likes of Marco Rubio and John McCain.  

As one "ordinary face", I have learnt many lessons.    I always hope to have a "Mandela Day" every day and do remember this crossed my "Virtual Desk" this morning from Madiba


“After climbing a great hill, one only finds
that there are many more hills to climb.”
 Nelson Mandela


May we all be blessed with being able to overcome all the hills before us as our journey through this blessed life continues....

No comments: