9/11/2013

"Thought 4 the Week"


Today was a special day.     I remember 12 years ago as those planes slammed into the World Trade Center.   I spent this day in a day of service and remembrance.   After tending to some morning family obligations,  I spent my morning erving at my local Catholic Church's Outreach Ministry, reflected upon all blessing throughout the day in a quiet moment and ended the day attending my local City's Patriot's Day remembrance.

As I reflected upon that day, I saw this from Jonathan Luckwhood Huie.  Of all the daily thoughts I review, this is probably the best I have seen that truly brings to light the true nature of life and all that we need to be thankful for.    The words themselves go to the heart of what we should think about and prioritize--by remembering what matters most--Family, a sense of love for community and realize what's important and not worry about what some may or may not think.    We need to live, love, fail if we have to--but continue to "get up" and "go out' and make it happen.  "Onward" must be the rallying cry as we remember:



 

A life rooted deeply lives and grows in memory.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

People living deeply have no fear of death.
- Anais Nin

How different our lives are when we
really know what is deeply important to us,
and keeping that picture in mind,
we manage ourselves each day
to be and to do what really matters most
- Stephen Covey

One thing I know: the only ones among you
who will be really happy are those
who will have sought and found how to serve.
- Albert Schweitzer

It is a better thing to weigh and measure priorities
in the illuminating light of your own mission
than to have your activities formed by the
impressions and expectations of others.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

How much do you engage yourself in what's truly real
and important in life? That's the individual question.
- Ted Danson

No comments: