9/21/2013

Notations & Thoughts On the Day//Believing in the Art of the Possible

It was another tragic day around the World.    72 People lost their lives during a funeral in Baghad, Iraq.  39 People lost their lives in a senseless Attack in Nairobi, Kenya.    The President of Kenya advises that he lost relatives in the carnage in Nairobi.

Such senses acts of violence cannot explained or justified.      At community events throughout the day, I was reminded about how we must be so appreciative of all that we've been given.  I was reminded of it today as I saw one of the "Sign People" on a street corner asking for food.   I handed her three of the ready meals I carry with me every day.

I could not help but wonder whether we would ever have the courage to listen to the admonitions from William Arthur Ward:



The more generous we are, the more joyous we become.
The more cooperative we are, the more valuable we become.
The more enthusiastic we are, the more productive we become.
The more serving we are, the more prosperous we become.
- William Arthur Ward (1921-1994 writer, educator, and church lay leader)

When we seek to discover the best in others,
we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
- William Arthur Ward

Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
Love me and I may be forced to love you.
- William Arthur Ward

Forgiveness is a funny thing.
It warms the heart and cools the sting.
- William Arthur Ward

Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy,
to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter,
and to lead but not manipulate.
- William Arthur Ward

It is also worth remembering how we have to never give up--although as a very dear friend of mine reminded us all today, it is easy to get very discouraged--We can be the change:


Onward to the New Week w/all its' possiblities 

No comments: