8/10/2013

An "ordinary face" Thought 4 the Week-End: Remembering What's Important


I spent the day reflecting.    I saw two great Movies:  Mandela Son of Africa & In My Country.  They were both focused on South Africa and what Madiba did to transform a country torn by hatred and brought them all together in a spirit of peace and reconciliation.    Everyone has to learn from one another.  I could not help but remember these admontions as I have had the good fortune to be witness to it:

Let us touch the dying, the poor,
the lonely and the unwanted
according to the graces we have received
and let us not be ashamed
or slow to do the humble work.
- Mother Teresa

We must be ready to learn from one another,
not claiming that we alone possess all truth
and that somehow we have a corner on God.
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu

As I continue onward, I pray that the almighty continues to grant me the privilege and goof fortune to have an open mind, to serve and to do my small part to make a difference despite all that goes on in the World.    

No comments: