7/08/2013

Daily Notations 4 the Day (7/8/2013)

  • The new week has begun.      As I look to a new week before me, I had promised myself to stay off the "Social Grid" for the week.  But, I could not help myself due to the profound need to be aware and stay engaged with the on-going developmental work for "Outsiders". The World, though, remains ever more dangerous and unpredictable.  

    But, the highlight of my "rounds" for the AM were these "thoughts 4 the day"...the admonitions shared below are so critical for a solid understanding of the human condition--it is just beyond words.   I was reminded of this very fact as I met with one of the key mentors whom I have come to truly respect.   This is a man who has a mother who is ill, a brother who is ill,  who has a myriad of business interests around the World that he manages--and yet he takes the time to work on serving the community.    It is such men that insures that a sense of hope is before us to make this World a better place despite all the hatred, jealousy and hyprocacy around:


    • Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
      — Og Mandino


    • Fights, arguments, and disagreements
      are all a part of relationships.
      Those who don't fight through these obstacles
      were never meant to be together in the first place.


No comments: