6/19/2013

Remembering & Reflecting

After the longest time, I watched the Jazz Singer again.   For those who are film junkies (like me) this is a "remake" of an original.   It was, in my view, a beautifully written story about tradition, love, redemption, hope and forgiveness--and the need to overcome.  For me, personally, it brought back so many beautiful memories.

As I remembered, I took comfort in some of the "thoughts for the day" about how one must go on :


Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
- James Joyce

He who spends time regretting the past,
loses the present and risks the future.
- Quevedo

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure
until he begins to blame somebody else.
- John Burroughs 

If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right,
you'll probably never do much of anything.
- Win Borden

The greatest mistake you can make in life
is to be continually fearing you will make one.
- Elbert Hubbard



No comments: