6/28/2013

On "Outsiders", Our World..and Remembering Madiba

As I work to "wind down" the Quarter, it has been a very interesting and challenging one.

It was five years ago this month that what has ultimately evolved into "Outsiders" now residing @ http://www.outsiderviews.com was launched.    I decided to go dark to think about the second half of the year.  But the first six months of the year has been quite remarkable.

Throughout the year, I wrote about Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the BRICS countries.     As I decided to go "dark", I saw a change of Government in Australia which was quite shocking.  I wrote about it when I noted that "what goes around, comes around".     Kevin Rudd made some bold moves when he was first Prime Minister.  I wonder if he's able to pull it off a second time to avoid a defeat at the Polls.  The United States Supreme Court also made history with the decisions it handed down both on Voting Rights and the rights of same sex couples.    It has been, needless to say, quite fun to be "Witness to History".

As I finish this "final retrospective" for the quarter, I was also listening to an interview with Winnie Mandela, the former wife of Nelson Mandela.   Madiba and his family has been in my thoughts and prayers and his moral courage is an inspiration to all.   One of his key thoughts has continued to inspire me that I wanted to end this retrospective on:

The greatest glory in living lies not in

 never falling, but in rising every time 


we fall.


  


No comments: