5/18/2013

Reflections & Admonitions to Live by.....

I reached a personal milestone here in "Ordinaryfaces".  I passed 14K views.   I am grateful as always...

This journey began with a simple admonition to reflect upon the World and to "hopefully" leave a legacy of hope and optimism.     It was to remind about the art of the possible as the World continues to change every second.      I remembered a film I watched over 20 years ago that epitomized rightenousness and the theme by Greg Altman especially struck me as poignant as I also look to the future:



It is, in some ways, a  reminder about the very need to go on despite all that could possibly have been and could possibly be.      I was also thinking about the Thomas Jefferson admontions that helps to keep things in perspective ever more:
  • Never put off till to-morrow what you can do to-day.
  • Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.
  • Never spend your money before you have it.
  • Never buy what you do not want, because it is cheap; it will be dear to you.
  • Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.
  • We never repent of having eaten too little.
  • Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.
  • How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.
  • Take things always by their smooth handle.
  • When angry, count ten, before you speak; if very angry, a hundred.
I add one more thought: to count all the blessings and be thankful for every millsecond of every day.
Onward to the new work week......
 


No comments: