4/08/2013

Will We Listen?

A New Week is upon us.

The week started with the news that Margaret Thatcher, the former British Prime Minister, has died after a stroke.    I profoundly disagreed with her policies.  What is clear, though, is that she left her mark on Britain and the World.   I was quite struck when she ended up spending her last days at the Ritz Hotel in London being looked after by friends.  

Whatever the disagreements, what I find is how remarkable a life she had.      But beyond the day, there is this message that also moved me this day that I think anyone who believes in the beauty of the Republic must live up to:



We have to constantly think different as the dialogue continues.   I had to remind myself of this thought from the founder of Success Magazine  I pray daily that I am the later by focusing on goals and gathering the information needed to succeed.:

Unsuccessful people think about what they don’t want most of the time. They talk about problems, listen to news & gossip, & spend their time blaming circumstances, situations & others. Successful people think about what they want & how they will get it. They are intensely focused on their goals & the information needed to help obtain them.  
.


No comments: