4/21/2013

Onward to a New Week

I spent the week-end at a retreat.  It was a chance to reflect as well especially as I had no access to internet or phone.   Although it is back to reality now as I catch up, it again gave me a moment to be ever more thankful for all that I'm blessed with.  As I got "unpacked", I also took the time to donate blood as well.  They were able to get a "pint".      Hopefully it was a small token to make a difference.

There has been quite a bit going on which I look forward to reflecting upon later on in "Outsiders".  I begin the week with this "Thought 4 the Week":


Self-respect is often mistaken for arrogance

when in reality it is the opposite.
When we can recognize all our good qualities
as well as or faults with neutrality,
we can start to appreciate ourselves
as we would a dear friend
and experience the comfortable inner glow of respect.
To embrace the journey towards our full potential
we need to become our own loving teacher and coach.
Spurring ourselves on to become better human beings,
we develop true regard for ourselves,
and our life will become sacred.
- Osho

No comments: