6/26/2008

Sgt Jose Pequeno

Today was not a particularly good day. I, like many others, continue to worry about the economy, my business and my future. I continue to worry about my family and whether I am able to make it or not. The stock market drop today was particularly scary. In addition, there was the price of oil and the continued slide in home prices and home sales. The bottom seems to falling!!!

It seems as if the Lord smacked me on the head. I picked up the latest edition of the Nation Magazine (http://www.thenation.com) I read about Sgt. Jose Pequeno. I read about a 34-year man who volunteered to serve his country. He was severely injured in an attack on a Iraqi Police Station. "He lost the bottom two lobese of his brain (his picture shows that over half his brain is gone)." When I saw his picture, it brought tears to my eyes. It brought me down to earth. It reminded me to be thankful for what I have. It made me truly believe that whatever challenges I have will be overcome. I think I owe Sgt. Jose Pequeno for the sacrifice he and his family has made.

No comments: