12/14/2006

Where Should I begin?????

A lot has happened again...at such a dizzing pace....

First of, the Iraq Study Group report came out. After all the excitement that was built up in anticipation of the report, it then fizzled out. The President, in my view, paid lipservice to its' recommendations and then went to launch a "strategic review" to find out a "new" way. The first question I have is why did he wait this long? Why didn't he launch this "strategic" review three months ago? While Washington continues to deliberate, the killing and the carnage goes on.

The Saudis, apparently, have read Mr. Cheney the riot act. I don't really know what that means. What I do know is that The President, with his decision, has unleashed such a powerful force that will be extremely hard to contain. The other critical thing that is also troublesome is the declaration by the Gulf Cooperation Council of the desire to go "nuclear" by committing to an eventual development of nuclear energy. Where this fascination leads I do not know.

We have a very small planet. We're using up its' natural resources without thinking about the day after. We then ridicule folks like Al Gore who want to do something about it. Yet, we can't even agree on ways to save it...and keep on killing each other in the name of religion, money and just sheer greed and power. When will we realize that what is important is the human race....but I guess I'm too naive and idealistic.....

I continue to be hopeful, though....

No comments: