9/15/2005

Health Insurance

There was a disturbing story in USA today on Health Insurance Premiums. According to the story, the average premium increased to over $ 10,000 per year. This means that an average individual cannot afford health insurance. It is a sad state where people are being priced out of a basic right. The pundits have all discussed various solutions, but the political will to overcome this to insure affordable, decent healthcare seems just not to be there. There is a lot of lipservice, but an actual solution is not possible. How can a nation afford affordable healthcare when it is fighting two wars, has covert operations throughout the world, just got hit with the worst natural disaster in its' history? I wish I had the answers. I don't envy our policymakers. The only thing I can do is to support them, wish them well and make suggestions through my blog and hope that they'd be noticed.

No comments: